Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hand Me The Gauntlet. Da Bears Are Going Down!

Doug is the dude that writes the All Beer Blog. I like his blog...I like it a lot. The only part that bothers me is that Doug lives in Chicago.

See, I don't like Chicago much, but I come by that feeling honestly.

First, there are the screaming blue clad masses of summer who turn Coors Field into "Wrigley Field west" when the Cubs come to town. It's disgusting to watch them turn the Rockies turf into a Mile Hi salute to the red white and blue Cubbie nation.

Second, there is football. We love our Broncos and lately, they have been....well, uh....sucky is the word I am looking for. We were so bad that we pretty much fired our quarterback and the Bears were so bad they pretty much did the same to theirs. This season, our old QB is now their quarterback and their old quarterback is now ours.

Pretty ironical, huh?

Well, this Sunday, guess who comes to town? Yup, it is Broncos vs. Bears at Mile High.

Doubly ironical, I know.

Well, fear not Denver nation. Everything is gonna be alright. The Broncos are gonna beat the Chicago Bears this Sunday night.

I guarantee it.

I am so sure of a big "W" for the Donkeys that I have a sweet six pack of wonderful Colorado craft brew riding on it. It's beer that has to go to Doug (the All Beer Blog guy) if we don't.

(getting down on my knees)

Dear lord, please help the Broncos by paving the path to victory Sunday night. Help them beat da Bears. Bring divine forces into Mile High Stadium. Empower the Blue and Orange. Give them the will to smash the Windy City invaders into tiny bear peaces. Please, do not make me ruin a perfectly good sixer of Colorado craft beer by sending it to Doug in Chicago.

I couldn't Bear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment